Jump to Navigation

Modifications Attorney in Florida Panhandle

Florida Divorce Modifications Attorney

A divorce is the end of a marriage, but it is not an end to a family. To accommodate a growing child or a change in careers, modifications to the initial decree will need to be made. At the Byrom Law Firm, we can help you whether or not we handled your original divorce. We have more than 30 years of experience handling these matters.

Alimony: Changes in job or salary, marital status or cohabitation for either spouse can mean a change in an alimony order.

Child support modification: As children grow, health care needs change or either parent has a substantial change in circumstance, child support may need to be reviewed.

Parenting plans (custody and visitation): In order to successfully petition the court for a modification, the parent must demonstrate that:

  • A substantial change in circumstances warrants a change in the parenting plan (or custody order, if entered before the 2008 changes in the law).
  • The change is in the child's best interest.

Under Florida law, a "substantial change in circumstances" means a permanent and involuntary change. In other words, the change cannot be temporary and must be significant enough for the courts to consider.

Parent relocation: Relocation is one of the most common reasons for modifying a custody agreement. The terms of the previous parenting plan can become impossible to keep due to moving across the state or out of state. We handle modification requests for the relocating parent who wants to move with the child, or the parent opposing the relocation who wants the child to remain in the area.

Consult With an Experienced Lawyer

In the Florida Panhandle area, including Pensacola, Milton and Gulf Breeze, call the Byrom Law Firm at 888-391-0030 or contact us online.

Local: 850-665-3724  Toll-Free: 888-391-0030 Practice Areas Office Location

Jennifer Byrom, P.A.
5177 Elmira Street
Milton, FL 32570
Phone: 850-665-3724
Toll Free: 888-391-0030
Fax: 850-623-5163
Map and Directions

Our law office is conveniently located on West side of the Santa Rosa County Courthouse in Milton, Florida.

Print This Page