Search Site

Modifications Attorney in Florida Panhandle

Florida Divorce Modifications Attorney

A divorce is the end of a marriage, but it is not an end to a family. To accommodate a growing child or a change in careers, modifications to the initial decree will need to be made. At the Byrom Law Firm, we can help you whether or not we handled your original divorce. We have more than 30 years of experience handling these matters.

Alimony: Changes in job or salary, marital status or cohabitation for either spouse can mean a change in an alimony order.

Child support modification: As children grow, health care needs change or either parent has a substantial change in circumstance, child support may need to be reviewed.

Parenting plans (custody and visitation): In order to successfully petition the court for a modification, the parent must demonstrate that:

  • A substantial change in circumstances warrants a change in the parenting plan (or custody order, if entered before the 2008 changes in the law).
  • The change is in the child’s best interest.

Under Florida law, a “substantial change in circumstances” means a permanent and involuntary change. In other words, the change cannot be temporary and must be significant enough for the courts to consider.

Parent relocation: Relocation is one of the most common reasons for modifying a custody agreement. The terms of the previous parenting plan can become impossible to keep due to moving across the state or out of state. We handle modification requests for the relocating parent who wants to move with the child, or the parent opposing the relocation who wants the child to remain in the area.

Consult with an Experienced Lawyer

In the Florida Panhandle area, including Pensacola, Milton and Gulf Breeze, call the Byrom Law Firm at 850-898-0340 or contact us online.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Milton Office
    5177 Elmira Street
    Milton, Florida 32570
    Phone: 850-623-4347
    Fax: 850-623-5163